Tuesday, June 23, 2009

PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo

Jasper slowly opened one big eye and then the other one as well. He looked around without moving his head as many animals do when they first wake up. He was in a beautiful spot in the jungle, and he could hear so many birds, animals and even insects and their combined noise was almost like music to Jasper’s ears. Jasper had his big head resting on his huge paws. The top of his feet made a good pillow for his head. He still did not move other than he did push his ears straight up and slightly wiggle his nose. Oh yes, he also barely moved his short tail from side to side. All of these small movements were Jasper’s attempt to smell and hear better plus his tail wag was a natural way of showing his happiness and contentment.

It had only been about a week since Jasper had woken up and shuffled out of the cave where he had been asleep for those many many years. He couldn’t understand how that could happen? He evidently had slept in the cave for hundreds---even thousands of years. He would ask PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo for he was Jasper’s new friend and teacher, perhaps he would know.

“Oh, Oh” thought Jasper here comes PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo now. Jasper realized he could not see PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo nor could Jasper hear him; but he could smell him. “WOW” thought Jasper, “I sure have a good nose” for PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo was far off, but he was headed to see Jasper. In a few minutes here came the ole PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo Tiger. “Welcome” yelled Jasper. “How are you my young friend?” said the older Tiger.

“Well…” said Jasper, “I’ve got so many questions, do you mind being my teacher.” “Not all” said PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo, “I was hoping you would ask me to be your teacher for I think you would be a very good student!”

“Oh, I will” said Jasper and then asked: “Why is your name PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo?” The old tiger then said “My name is Punka; however, I have a little grandchild tiger named Harrison, and he calls me PUNKADUNKYWOOWOOWOO and then soon other family members like Sam and Brinley started calling me that long silly name, and so I became known as PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo. Now all the Tigers in the jungle and many other jungle animals call that name as well, so that it how I got my name. It is all because of Harrison, Sam and Brinley.

The next question that Jasper asked his teacher was: “How did I sleep so long in the cave?” The Punka tiger said: “It must have been that special smoke that came in the cave and caused you to sleep for such a long long time. Also, it caused other changes in you. You have special powers. (1). you can smell things better than any other animal. (2.) You can hear perfectly unlike other animals. (3.) You can see perfectly unlike other animals, even at night. (4.) All your muscles are stronger than other animals so you can run, jump, swim, play and fight better than any other animals in the world.

Jasper was very happy to have these special powers; however, he told his teacher, "PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo, I can talk with other tigers, but I wish I could talk with all the other animals." “Even people?” said Punka. “What are people?” said Jasper.

“Oh dear” said Punka, “Come with me and I show you what people are. In this jungle, we have a very wise and nice king of the people, and they call him The Royal Sultan. Not only is he the king, but he has magic powers.”

So away went Jasper with his teacher quietly walking through the jungle on the way to meet the King. After walking for a long time, they heard a noise and PunkaDunkyWooWooWoo whispered to Jasper. “It sounds like elephants are coming toward us. We had better hide off this trail, so they don’t step on us.”

(The next story is how Jasper saved Sari, the Sultan’s daughter and the King thanks Jasper by giving him the power to talk to people (especially children) and all the different animals in the world.)

No comments:

Post a Comment